Blood Orange Vodka Sparkler
Blood oranges make a beautiful and refreshing cocktail. A little more sophisticated than its older brother/sister the ‘screw driver’ (orange and vodka cocktail). What makes it so? The addition of carbonated water gives it that refreshing fizzy taste. Using blood oranges makes it a lot more pleasing to the eyes and the rosemary simple syrup adds a wonderful warm and woodsy flavour to this and any cocktail.
This recipe Serves 1
- 50ml of vodk
- 20ml of Oh Bubbles Blood Orange Syrup
- Dash of angostura orange bitters (or original) optional
- 1 tbsp of rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- 120ml of carbonated water of choice
- Sliced blood oranges and sprigs of rosemary to garnish
- Ice cubes or crushed ice to serve
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Then add the vodka, blood orange Syrup, bitters and the rosemary simple syrup.
- Top up with the carbonated water and stir gently.
- Garnish with orange slices and fresh springs of rosemary
Rosemary simple syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring the sugar and water to a low boil.
- Remove from heat and add the rosemary sprigs along with the bay leaf if using and allow to steep and cool to room temperature.
- Discard the rosemary and bay leaf and store the simple syrup in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use. Can be stored for at least two weeks and up to 6 months.